Handcrafted with care. The River frame combines timeless influences with craftsmanship and fit that allows for lifelong wear. A true Monokel Eyewear staple.
- Handcrafted from organic- and biodegradable acetate
- 100% UV protective Carl Zeiss Vision lenses
- Japanese 3-barrell stainless steel hinges
- Teflon-coated hinge screws to reduce floppy arms
- Keyhole nosebridge
- Double horizontal rivets on temples and front
- Includes protective case, cleaning cloth and box for storage
The making of our Havana acetate is truly an artisanal process. First, we make small colored pellets of various hues of yellow, brown and orange by mixing organic color powder with raw biodegradable cellulose acetate. The result is a highly durable, hypoallergenic material, made from renewable resources. The colored acetate pellets are then mixed and stirred by hand to achieve our speckled Havana pattern, thus making the pattern on every frame unique - no two pairs alike.
Grey lenses are known for their classic style and versatility. They’re great for reducing glare on both sunny and cloudy days, while also providing anti-fatigue benefits. Grey lenses have the added benefit of allowing true color perception - showing the color of objects in their purest form. All our lenses feature anti-scratch and anti-reflective treatment with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Made by renowned German lens- and optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss.