Four months. More than 50 production steps. Handcrafted with care. The Ellis is designed with larger lenses in a timeless square shape. Ideal for larger faces or those who prefer a slightly oversized style.
- Handcrafted from organic- and biodegradable acetate
- 100% UV protective Carl Zeiss Vision lenses
- Japanese 5-barrell stainless steel hinges
- Teflon-coated hinge screws to reduce floppy arms
- Saddle nose bridge
- Double horizontal rivets on temples and front
- Includes protective case, cleaning cloth and box for storage
We make our Grey colourway by mixing a tiny bit of black ink with raw biodegradable cellulose acetate. The result is a highly durable, hypoallergenic material, made from renewable resources. The crystal clear polished surface is achieved by tumbling the components of the frames in barrels filled with small pieces of wood coated with oil, paste, and other natural materials, and then hand-buffed by us and our team of technicians.
Grey lenses are known for their classic style and versatility. They’re great for reducing glare on both sunny and cloudy days, while also providing anti-fatigue benefits. Grey lenses have the added benefit of allowing true color perception - showing the color of objects in their purest form. All our lenses feature anti-scratch and anti-reflective treatment with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Made by renowned German lens- and optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss.